Contemporary Computing as an Effective Approach for Sustainable Development in Industry 4.0
This special session is organised and supported by academic scholars from the University of Mosul-Iraq. It is dedicated to highlighting the impact of contemporary computing techniques on sustainable development in Industry 4.0
University of Mosul, Iraq
Prof.Dr. Mafaz Alanezi, University of Mosul, Iraq. firstname.lastname@example.org
Asso.Prof.Dr. Basim Mahmood, University of Mosul, Iraq/ Researcher at BioComplex Laboratory, Exeter, UK.
- Asso.Prof.Dr. Zohair Al-Ameen, University of Mosul, Iraq.
- Dr. Binyamin Cylan, University of Gazi, Turkey.
- Dr. Diego Pinheiro, CUP University, Brazil.
- Asso.Prof.Dr. Mahmood Maher Salih, Dean of Computer Science and Mathematics College, University of Tikrit, Iraq.
- Asso.Prof.Dr. Yaseen Hikmat, University of Mosul, Iraq.
Dr. Zeyad Abd-Algfoor, University of Mosul, Iraq.
The integration of state-of-the-art in computing techniques and Industry 4.0 is considered a powerful approach for promoting sustainable development in society. The recently developed techniques in computing area have contributed a lot to most of our life aspects. Moreover, these areas have provided our communities with sustainable solutions overcoming most of the challenges related to environment and healthcare. Hence, this session will cover modern computing techniques that significantly contributed to our lives to be sustainable. For example, the area of Artificial Intelligence (AI) makes it easy to predict different aspects of our lives (e.g., weather, power demand and supply, market needs, etc.), which, in turn, contributes to making more accurate decisions or performing proactive steps before an event occurs. Also, the area of security has a great impact on securing people’s assets. Other areas such as networks, bioinformatics, computer vision, image processing, and data science, to mention but a few have also made a significant positive change toward sustainable development in Industry 4.0. This session aims to bring all aspects of sustainable computing together and show how the contemporary field is an effective tool for sustainable development in the industry.
The topics of this session include, but are not limited to, a wide range of areas in computer science such as:
- Artificial Intelligence including modern machine learning and deep learning techniques.
- Cyber Security and the related areas such as blockchain, bitcoin and cryptography.
- Network Science includes all the areas of complex networks such as social networks, computer networks, cyber-physical networks, and wireless sensor networks.
- Computer Vision and Image Processing
- Cloud Computing includes edge computing, fog computing, and ubiquitous computing.
- Bioinformatics and its related areas that are used in the industrial field.
- Internet of Things (IoT) and distributed computing.
- Multimedia processing
- Database Systems, distributed systems, streaming database systems.
- Software Engineering and development
- The integration of all the aforementioned topics and their contribution to sustainable development in Industry 4.0.