In the last five decades Systems engineering becameleading discipline for understanding, implementation and successful practicing the so-called complex systems design and implementation. This process involves a logical sequence of technical activities and decisions of identifying an operational need and transforming it into a description of system performance parameters, a preferred system configuration and a final system design. SE enables practicing engineers to integrate their specialties in the development of complex products and processes. It focuses on customers’ needs throughout the product life cycle of design, testing, manufacturing, operation, and future product planning. Systems Engineering is an interdisciplinary process that ensures that the customer’s needs are satisfied throughout a system’s entire life cycle.
e-Systems Engineering is a direction of this main stream especially oriented to computer-dominated solutions. It targets software and hardware production cycles, co-design, support and the very new topic – life time functions modification.
Topics of particular interest include (but not limited to) the followings:
- e-Systems engineering frameworks and models
- Systems of Systems – analysis and design
- e-Systems Engineering requirements engineering
- Analyses and Integration approaches
- Ontologies for e-Systems Engineering
- Systems Level Validation and Verification
- Systems Engineering effectiveness analysis