Environmental Conservation in the Middle East
Special Session Chair: Professor Kahtan Hadi Hussein
Co-Chair: Prof. Dr. Rafid Al-Khaddar
Co-Chair: Assist Prof. Dr. Khalid Safaa Hashim
This special session is organised and supported by the University of Babylon
Through the lens of environmental conservation, climate changes, and the global water scarcity, we have created this special session that is tailor-made to fit the needs of the environment of the Mediterranean countries at large, and especially the Iraqi environment. Thirteen years after the first environmental conference, the Environmental Research and Studies Centre, and the Environmental Engineering Department in the University of Babylon, sought to improve the environmental development and sustainability of local, and regional governments, and find ways to halt the destruction of irreplaceable natural resources and pollution of the planet.
As a part of this strategy, the University of Babylon is holding this session with the aim of shining a light on the recent dramatic changes in the Iraq environment due to the recent water scarcity, and terrorism, and its impacts on neighbouring countries. This theme focuses on employing the advanced technologies to enhance the Iraqi and regional environment. Additionally, this theme represents a good chance for researchers from different related scientific fields to learn, share, and exchange their experiences.
- Impacts of terrorism on waste management in Iraq.
- Impacts of climate change on the Iraqi environment.
- Municipal solid waste generation rates and its management in Iraq.
- Influences of landfills on the surrounding environment in Iraq.
- Risk and Environmental Management in the Iraqi oil industry.
- Impacts of water crisis in Iraq.
- Built cultural heritage and sustainable urban environment.
- Environmental Friendly Materials and technologies.
- Advancements in water and wastewater treatment technologies
- Environmental Design of Buildings
- Research, discovery, and characterization of pollutants