This special Track is organized by the faculty of Engineering and Technology, Liverpool John Moores University, UK
Industry 4.0 is an era of transformation of the manufacturing industry. The advancement of digital technologies and their application in manufacturing are change enablers connecting the physical and the digital world together. Data is central to all of this as it forms a new virtual world from which the physical world can be steered empowering people to drive improvements and offer opportunities for optimisation of the manufacturing process for more resilience, flexibility, and sustainability.
Authors are invited to submit original manuscripts demonstrating recent advances in in all areas relevant to these challenges and related to this special session.
This special session invites authors to submit high-quality research papers on the topics which include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Sensors and IIoT connectivity for smart manufacturing
- IIoT applications for condition monitoring
- IIoT applications for predictive maintenance
- Big Data Analytics in Manufacturing
- Smart manufacturing/ smart factory
- Applications of AR/VR in manufacturing
- Applications of digital twins for smart manufacturing
- AI applications for smart manufacturing
Prospective authors are invited to submit full-length papers (not exceeding 6 pages) conform to the IEEE format . All papers will be handled and processed electronically via the EDAS online submission system.
Submission implies the willingness of at least one of the authors to register and present their papers.