This special session is organised and supported by the Department of Built Environment at Liverpool John Moores University, UK
Dr. Aseel Hussien,
Prof. Alison Cotgrave
Dr Alejandro Veliz Reyes, University of Plymouth
The vast expansion in the surrounding environment and technology developments have led to so many mind-blowing discoveries and development in various domains. The unprecedented reliance on ICT in the construction industry have changed the way that stakeholders communicate and share details (from the information-generated phase to build and maintenance phases). Despite, the construction sector still suffers poor performance due to unsuccessful previsioning of in-situ 3-D drawings update. AR/VR technologies are powerful tools supporting runtime data/drawings visualization and distribution, hence seem to be able to resolve the mentioned issue – not in a straightforward process though. Therefore, this special session invites authors to submit high-quality research papers on the topics which include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Cyber-Physical Systems in the Built Environment
- Digital Ecosystems in the Construction Industry
- Innovation in Project Networks in the context of Construction 4.0
- virtual and augmented reality (VR/AR) applications in Construction 4.0
- Optoelectronic Technology in Construction 4.0
- Using BIM for Multi-trade Prefabrication in Construction
- Data Standards and Data Exchange for Construction 4.0
Prospective authors are invited to submit full-length papers (not exceeding 6 pages) conform to the IEEE format . All papers will be handled and processed electronically via the EDAS online submission system.
Submission implies the willingness of at least one of the authors to register and present their papers.