This special session is organized and supported by the Imam Ja’afar Al-Sadiq University- Iraq.
Dr. Dheyaa Ahmed Ibrahim,
Dheyaa.email@example.com, Imam Ja’afar Al-Sadiq University- Iraq.
Dr Alaa S. Al-Waisy,
firstname.lastname@example.org, Imam Ja’afar Al-Sadiq University- Iraq.
The use of imaging and AI technologies have become an essential component in many medical applications and clinical practices. New technologies are emerging to process different sources of medical sets and images (e.g. X-ray, MRI, CT scans, ultrasound, microscopy, hyperspectral images, etc.) and deliver a variety of computer-aided applications for prediction, diagnostics, analysis, visualisation, etc. This special session aims to bring the academic researchers together from the medical imaging, AI and image processing communities to discuss the major challenges in the field of medical, healthcare and social care applications. We welcome contributions in the fields of medical AI, medical imaging, Image registration, Computer-Aided Diagnosis (CAD), Big data in medical imaging, medical data mining, medical signal processing, visualisation of medical data, etc. This special session will cover the multidisciplinary nature of these main challenges (e.g., robustness, high accuracy and reliability) and the recent developments in relevant disciplines. It will also provide a platform for interested academics and industries to discuss, exchange ideas, and create solid coordinated collaborations.
Topics: This special session welcomes the prospective authors to submit their original and unpublished works on the following research topics, but not limited to:
1. Medical Image Processing
2. AI and machine learning for medical applications
3. Medical Internet of Things Applications
4. Medical Machine Learning and Data Mining
5. Deep Learning for Medical Image Processing
6. Image Segmentation and Classification
7. Image Registration
8. Big Data in Medical Imaging
9. Biometrics Technology in the Healthcare and Medical Field
10. Visualization Techniques
11. Feature Extraction
12. Texture Analysis
13. Computer Aided Diagnosis (CAD) systems
14. Signal Processing for Health Care and Diagnosis
15. Development of Medical Devices
16. Visualisation of Medical Data
17. Wearable Sensors Technologies
18. Wireless Communications for Healthcare