In the second day, the conference is arranging a visit to Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque, we would then go shooting at the Officers club, and follow that by a meal at the Ritz Carlton – which is newly opened in Abu Dhabi http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/
About Abu Dhabi
With a plethora of islands, more than 400 kilometres of pristine coastline, tranquil oases, UNESCO World Heritage Sites, modern cityscapes, rocky, mountain-like heights, and awe-inspiring deserts, Abu Dhabi offers a diversity of visitor experiences. Visitors can tour former palaces, forts, one of the world’s largest mosques, renovated oases, desert camps and experience falconry, camel trekking and Arabia’s famed hospitality. for more information visit Abu Dhabi Tourists Information Website.
Things to do in Abu Dhabi
- Falconry – A visit to Emirates Falconer’s Club, located in Abu Dhabi, a nice way to get an idea about traditional falconry methods in the UAE. Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/
- Camel Racing – A visit to Al Wathba Camel Race Track (45 Km east to Abu Dhabi) to watch camel races that usually take place during weekend mornings and during public holidays. Entrance is usually free of charge.
- Horse Riding – A trip to Al Forsan International Sports Resort in Abu Dhabi (http://www.alforsan.com/eng/
equestrian/equestrian-center. html) take part in a range of outdoor and indoor horse riding activities.
- Shooting – The Caracal Shooting Club in Armed Forces Officers Club & Hotel. Try shooting and learn the ways in which shooting links to Islamic culture. http://www.afoc.mil.ae/afoc/
- A dhow cruise – A Cruise around Abu Dhabi Sea front : http://www.abudhabidhowcruise.
org/ or http:// abudhabidhowdinnercruises.com/
Visits to Abu Dhabi’s Recent Projects:
- Yas Waterworld – in Yas Island is a water park enjoyed by all ages. http://www.yaswaterworld.com/
- Ferrari World- Also in Yas Island, is the largest indoor and first Ferrari theme park. Those interested in motors would enjoy the visit.http://www.
- Yas Marina Circuit – Another one for the motor lovers. A car racing track with several karting and racing activities for beginners as well as experienced car-racers http://www.yasmarinacircuit.
- Saadiyat Cultural District, at Saadiyat Island, is the official Arts hub in Abu Dhabi. Featuring several arts centers and heritage museums. http://www.saadiyat.ae/en/
- Monte-Carlo Beach Club in Saadiyat Island is an excellent place to relax. http://www.saadiyat.ae/en/
- The Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque. http://www.szgmc.ae/en/
About Emirates Palace Hotel:
Built as an iconic landmark showcasing Arabian culture and hospitality at its finest, Emirates Palace, managed by Kempinski, has created an enviable niche in luxury hospitality, welcoming world leaders, celebrities, global business travellers and leisure guests with a truly memorable and unique experience, luxurious contemporary facilities and amenities in comfortable and traditional Arabian surroundings with personalized world class service. http://www.emiratespalacemarina.ae/hotel.asp
Things to do in Dubai
Burj Khalifa (Dubai):
Burj Khalifa, known as Burj Dubai prior to its inauguration, is a skyscraper in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, and is the tallest man-made structure in the world, at 829.8 m.